Wednesday 20 November 2013

Film Poster Mock-Up

In order to make our pitch, we needed to produce a mock of our film's poster. I knew what I wanted it to look like, however capturing the image how I wanted proved to be difficult, especially due to lighting issues. Despite this, I'm pleased with the outcome of it. 
The concept of the poster is likely to be the one used.




The editing I've done on Adobe Photoshop revolved a lot of issues, taking advantage of adjustment layers and altering curves. The original image was very bright on the face so I dimmed it. I also wanted the person behind Ben to look like a shadow, giving the implemented idea of being "shadowed" or "followed". As our film is about time travel, I wanted there to be questions asked about the film poster. This question would be about the figure behind the main character, attracting people to see the film in order to find out.





As you can tell from the backdrop of some photos, we did use the studio first. And although we could create some cool lighting, in the end we decide to use the more natural lighting outside because we wanted the poster to have a natural feel. This is because we didn't want the lighting to look face as we thought it looked a bit tacky. And the wall looks cooler.

This is Rachels first concept design of our poster. I think it looks pretty good. But don't hold us to the 22nd of December cinema release date... Plus there's a "t" missing from Chloe's last name. Also Jacob isn't in our group, he's just the guy standing behind me.





-RM (Edited and added to by BW)

No comments:

Post a Comment