Monday 16 December 2013

Alternate Ending

As we haven't filmed the ending yet and I've been editing the other footage, I noticed that the film needs something more exciting to happen, as well as something to explain the concept.

Also our actor, Alex, has become hard to get a hold of due to his work commitments. I've written a way around this.It should look fine as we haven't seen his face in the film yet. 

Instead of the pub scene, I've written this one. It takes place in a therapist's office. The basic plot is that it turns out that a future version of Alex (Alex 2) has been playing a joke on his past self and has to logically interrupt the Therapy session, just as past, future versions of himself did before him. 

Time travel is a confusing concept, but it makes the audience think.



Therapy:

INT.OFFICE

ALEX
And that's when I decided to come here.

THERAPIST 
(Mumbles) Not a moment too soon. (Loud) A-hem. Well, Alex, I think it's clear that you need to throw away any kind of idea that this "figure" is even real.

ALEX
What?

THERAPIST
Alex, it's clear to me that this person you've created is all in your mind. Imaginary, if you will.

ALEX
But-

THERAPIST
-I know you may find this surprising, but you need to hear this. He's not real-

(A burst of bright light ignites the room. Another Alex appears)

THERAPIST
Oh my go-

ALEX
What the?

ALEX 2
Well, you nearly had it. And by nearly, I mean not at all.

(Looks at therapist)

And you! Honestly, one unexplainable phenomenon happens in someone's life and suddenly they're "crazy". (To the side) Well, 90 percent of the time they are, (loud) but this time you're wrong!

THERAPIST
I- I-

ALEX
You're... Me?

ALEX 2
Oh right. I should explain that.

(Holds up arm to reveal a watch-like object)

This (indicates to watch) is a Vortex Puncher. In layman's terms, it punches a temporary bridge between 2 points in time and throws the user through there. 

ALEX
And why do you... Sorry, we, have it? 

ALEX 2
Excellent point, me. Here you go.(throws Vortex Puncher to Alex who catches it) For this to make any sense, you've now got to go back in time, take these sticky notes, and visit all the instances where I met you and do exactly the same.

ALEX
How does this make sense!?

ALEX 2
Don't you watch Doctor Who? Kidding! I know we do. Anyway, it's basically an infinite loop of different future versions of us delivering notes to past versions of us. It's very complicated timey-wimey stuff.
So what're you waiting for? Take this hoody and go!

ALEX 
Isn't this hoody stuck in an infinite loop? Used by every version of us ever?

ALEX 2
We don't worry about that... Now go go go!

ALEX
Wait, what'll you do now? 

ALEX 2
I don't know..  Perhaps I'll make a film about this... ANYWAY, GO!

(Alex disappears in a flash. Alex 2 is about to leave the room when he notices the petrified therapist)

ALEX 2
Oh right, I forgot about you... Here's some money for the session (gives handful of change) and uuuurrrr... Have a sticky note. 

(Sticks note to Therapist's head. It reads "The End")

CREDITS ROLL

-BW

No comments:

Post a Comment