Wednesday 29 January 2014

Creating the film poster

As you can see in some of my other posts I have spoken about what I learnt from other people when it comes to making a film poster. I used Photoshop to create it because I have a lot of knowledge on how Photoshop works and I wanted it to look professional rather than just creating one on word.

I began by selecting an image that I thought would look the best to represent our film. I have already spoken about the two different images I was torn between and their pros and cons. Firstly I played around with the curves and levels of the image then I selected around the person in the image; by inverse this It allowed me to focus just on the background. As the background was very dull I wanted to bring out the texture of the brick wall. Then to blend all the effects together I adjusted the brightness and contrast.


 

When it came to the text I thought a lot about the positioning. I wanted to add in the ‘it’s about time’ as that links to the movie and our titling.

I will be changing the poster again as I am not a fan of how it looks especially the placing of the text. In fact I prefer our mock poster to the real thing. Although I can’t use that image again as Ben looks different to what he does in the film now (he had a haircut) so it wouldn't make as much sense.

-RM 

No comments:

Post a Comment