Friday 24 January 2014

POSTER - Which Images Will I Use? Why Are They Important?

The photograph is the most important thing about the film poster, in my opinion. This is the image you are using to advertise your film to the public, therefore it needs to try and represent the film in one image. You wouldn't want to use a photograph of something that gives away too much, otherwise people won't feel the need to come and see it. I am currently in the processes of choosing the image I want to use in the film poster, as I want to make sure I get it right. I am stuck between two image that are totally differer and have two different feels to them.

The first image I am thinking about using is one of all the boys whom play Alex throughout the film at different ages. The thing I like about this is you can see the connection of these boys which is essential for the viewer, however the picture looks more like a family photo and it may give off the wrong impression of our film. The second image was of the time traveller with his head down so you cant see his face at all and is dressed in head to toe in dark colours. This image shows this figure as mysterious and works well creating tension.

Below are some example of good film posters:



I think all these posters are good as they get across all the information film posters should and used an image effectively. One of the most important things is the layout of the poster. This is essential in order for the poster to not look crowded and messy.

The image I use for our film poster needs to be as effective as all these to achieve what I want from this part of the advertising.


-RM (spelling and grammar mildly edited by BW)

                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment