Friday 19 July 2013

Short Films

Welcome to my new, fancy and rather dashing A2 Media blog! This year I will be looking at the magic that is "short film"! Exciting, right? Well, so far in my ventures into this new topic I have already taken part in the making of one short film "Bejuan: In the UK", a mockumentary style piece to explore this new found world.

Bejuan:In the UK

While making this film, I found that working within the comedy genre is difficult. This is because people's humour differs tremendously, meaning what I find hilarious, others may not find so funny. When showing this to an audience, I found that there were some laughs, but sadly not as much as I had hoped. On the plus side, however, it's clear that I have learnt from this experience.

From what I currently know, short films are films that are under the duration of 40 minutes. This is challenging, as in that time it seems that there's a lot of ground that should be covered in such a small space of time. At the same time though, I imagine that the work is not as strenuous as in a feature length film. Having said this, I believe that there should still be maximum effort put into making any serious film.

-BW

No comments:

Post a Comment