Thursday 10 October 2013

Building on "Dreamstate": The Mask

Building on "Dreamstate", or more specifically a character within that, the masked figure, I've designed a concept for the mask they would wear. As you can see, this mask (nicknamed "Eye") features a large eye and lots of swirly patterns. I wanted it to be creepy, hence the one large eye, but also slightly artistic and dream-like, hence the swirls. I want the whole thing to be somewhat surreal. I may even kick this up to another level, and instead of a masked man, have some kind of monster-humanoid... or not.        
This mask shouldn't be just some poor paper mache deal. Although I may actually include some kind of paper mache in the building process. I want it to be good quality. Luckily, seeing as Halloween is upon us, there are lots of masks on sale, which I may be able to take and craft to my liking.                                                                 And if that's not enough, to seek different ideas and techniques, I've been visiting Instructables, a DIY website. It has a tutorial on almost anything you can imagine, so is a good recourse for anything, especially DIY film making.

-BW

No comments:

Post a Comment